JL over at the Couch Potato Club has done me the honor of name-dropping me and subsequently hooking me up with my very own Versatile Blogger award. This isn’t some blog-breaking, game-changing prestige, which I frankly appreciate; rather, the Versatile Blogger award’s intent is to spread some link-love across the blogosphere and introduce our various readers to other online movie journals which they may not have previously (or otherwise) been privy to. My kind of award, since the spirit of community-building is one I admire and applaud, so to that end I’ll uphold my end of the bargain and perform the duties expected of those given the pleasure of being counted amongst the number of other Versatile Bloggers.
I’ve already link-dropped JL, who you likely have seen pop up in comments on my blog posts of late, for being a mensch and giving me an image to paste on my main page. That brings me to my second charge, in which I must list seven different things about myself, though I am personally loathe to precede one list with another:
1) I’m married and a homeowner as of October 23rd and July 31st, 2010, respectively.
2) I used to (and occasionally still do) play guitar and bass, though I cannot read music and taught myself most of the songs I know picking out the notes by ear. Biggest accomplishment: Transcribing all of Flea’s bass line on “Soul to Squeeze”, one of the best songs the Red Hot Chili Peppers have ever written.
3) I’m on my way to becoming an avid world traveler, having made my way to the UK twice and to Amsterdam once. I’ll be heading back to Britain this summer after enjoying Italy for the first time with my wife as we go on our honeymoon.
4) I’m a fairly practiced cook, which is my second hobby/passion after movies. I can roast a chicken as skillfully as I roast a terrible movie.
5) I grew up in the same neighborhood as Johnathan Katz.
6) I love all kinds of music, just as much as I love all kinds of movies, but I’m a huge fan of heavy metal from Ozzy Osbourne to Mastodon to Arch Enemy.
7) I love the outdoors, from camping and hiking to bike riding.
That should give you a pretty broad idea of who I am and what I’m all about. Which brings me to the final task, in which I link fifteen other great blogs for your reading enjoyment:
4) Ross vs Ross
8) 5plit Reel
10) Top 10 Films
And that’s how we do it, folks. Thanks again to JL for the mention, and please check out the above blogs as they are all truly solid and deserve the traffic and the comments. Get into the Versatile Blogger spirit!